Journal Publications of Selected Papers
Special Issue on Advances in Computational Plasticity
Guest Editors: C. Agelet de Saracibar, M. Chiumenti, D. Peric, E. de Souza Neto
This special issue will publish full-length versions of selected papers presented at the Computational Plasticity
Conference, COMPLAS 2023
, held in Barcelona on 5-7 September 2023. Participants of the conference are
submit. The issue is focussed on recent advances in Computational Plasticity and related areas
modelling of dissipative materials and processes, and associated computational methods, all the way through to
advanced multi-scale techniques and latest developments in the use of Data Science/Data-driven approaches and
Artificial Intelligence in this context. This special issue aims to disseminate the most relevant recent advances in
these fields with a view to promote their application in industrial practice and encourage their critical appraisal
and further healthy discussions both in academia and industry.
List of topic areas:
- Constitutive modelling of dissipative materials;
- Computational material design;
- Damage, fracture, fatigue and failure mechanics;
- Geomechanics and Geoscience;
- Contact mechanics;
- Micro-mechanics of materials;
- Multi-scale material modelling;
- Data-driven modelling of materials and structures;
- Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence;
- Coupled multi-physics problems;
- Numerical methods in science and engineering;
- High performance computing;
- Inverse problems and optimisation;
- Advanced discretisation techniques;
- Simulation of manufacturing and material forming processes.
must be strictly followed.
Authors should select (from the drop-down menu) the special issue title at the appropriate step in the submission process, i.e. in response to “Please select the issue you are submitting to”.
Submitted articles must not have been previously published, nor should they be under consideration for publication anywhere else, while under review for this journal.
Submissions are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts. Registration and access are available in the following
Opening date for manuscripts submissions: 15 September 2023
Closing date for manuscripts submission: 01 March 2024